Slow Cooker Loaded Sweet Potatoes
This is a great recipe for slow cooker sweet potatoes. Very healthy, so easy and time saving. Give this to your husband to make. He can do it too.
Cooked rice (or quinoa, wheatberries)
Black beans cooked
Cooked meat (Optional, try chicken, pork or chicken sausage) Leave out if vegetarian
Additional topping optional: Avocado, salsa, lettuce, cilantro or better *cilantro essential oil
1. Cut sweet potatoes in half. Depending on size, put either one or both halves on a large sheet of foil.
2. Top each potatoe with rice, beans, meat, peppers, onions.
3. Sprinkle with cumin
4. Top with cheese
5. Fold foil to make a closed packet around each potatoe and place in slow cooker.
6. Cook on low for 4-6 hours
7. Remove and serve warm. Top with avocado, salsa, lettuce, etc. as desired
Remove the meat if you want to make it more vegetarian.
Credits to www.theleangreenbean.com
*You could add 1-2 drops doterra Cilantro essential oil to the rice or beans for a more Mexican style flavor.